Weight cutting is a major challenge for every competitor. In addition to being grueling it can also lower your testosterone and affect more or less every aspect of your life.
- Limit your liquid input to water – Many athletes cutting weight rely on sport drinks during the weight cuts. This can backfire as sports drinks contain relatively high amount of salt which retains liquid and actively works against them.
Depending on your weight cut tactics and the period of time you have to achieve it you have different diets. However last couple of days before weigh in you should avoid all things rich in fiber – meaning fruits and vegetables and especially those consumed with seeds .
- The fiber rich produce and fruits stay longer in the intestines so this might be dead weight you’re carrying.
Eggs for Breakfast! Regardless of weather you’re traveling or at home you might be tempted to get a solid healthy meal containing high quality proteins. However you should pay attention and specifically tune to eating your eggs without salt.
- A salt rich omlet can go a long way in making cutting weight very difficult for you
Stop stressing about it. Make a plan and stick to it. And don’t try to make the weight early.
If you’re looking to cut weight before a competition, it’s important that you understand the importance of sodium…
As well as how to “play it smart” when it comes to cutting it.
Here’s a “sodium strategy” for cutting weight, as explained by nutrition expert Jordan Sullivan:
Learn From Jordan Sullivan As “The Fight Dietician” To Stars Like Craig Jones Teaches You A Complete Course On How To Use Nutrition To Get The Most Out Of Your BJJ Performance.
- This course will teach you how to structure your diet for better performance on the mats, including a breakdown of concepts like how to approach your macros – carbs, proteins, and fats.
- See how you can supplement your diet and use Jordan’s lessons on calories, energy availability, and macronutrients for maximum energy and power while you train and compete.