Kimura Jiu-Jitsu Academy is based in Belgrade, Serbia. It is lead by Guillaume ‘Gile’ Huni, BJJ black belt and owner of the website BJJ Eastern Europe www.www.bjjee.com & www.watchbjj.com.
The Academy is located at an exclusive location near the city center of Belgrade, part of Ahilej Bodybuilding & Fitness Kluba u Dimitrija Tucovića 108.
Trainings are GI, NoGi, wrestling for bjj, leglock workshop, fundamentals and female only classes.
BJJ Akademija Kimura
Who is head instructor Guillaume Huni?
Guillaume Huni started training Jiu-Jitsu in 2001 in Paris, France under Brazilian instructor Orlandivo jr of Alliance Jiu-Jitsu. He spent 3 months training and competing in Brazil and has also trained all over the world. He has been living in Serbia for the past 9 years. After receiving his blue and purple belts in France, he moved to Serbia and trained at Zerjal Team under Master Jovan Zerjal (3rd degree black belt under BJJ legend Fernando Pinduka). Master Zerjal is one of the pioneers of BJJ in Europe, being number 5 in the list of first BJJ black belts in Europe. Guillaume received his brown and black belts under Master Zerjal.
Guillaume is half French, half Filipino and lives in Belgrade, Serbia with his Serbian wife and their daughter. He considers himself a citizen of the world as he spent his childhood in the Philippines, France and the UK. As a working professional, he spent time in Spain, Morocco, France, Egypt, Romania and Serbia working in the real estate industry. He is the owner and editor of the BJJ news and community website BJJ Eastern Europe (www.www.bjjee.com). His daytime job is marketing director/ head of enrollment at Belgrade Metropolitan University.
As a competitor, his main achievements are:
- 2nd place 2013 IBJJF Rome Open, black belt
- 3rd place 2012 IBJJF Europeans, brown belt master 1
- 1rst place Karlovac Open, Croatia
- 2nd place Croatian Open
- 2nd place 2012 Hungarian Open
- 1rs place 2009 Vienna Open
- 1rst place 2009 Serbian FILA Grappling championship
- 1rst place, 2009 Graplers challenge, London UK
- 3x Philippines Champion, 2005 and 2008
- Participated at the 2002 Mundials in Brazil
How To Survive The Rough & Tumble World Of BJJ – As A White Belt From Someone Who Has Been There – Elite Black Belt Joel Bouhey.
- Learn the RIGHT way to escape one of the worst positions in the world with black belt Joel Bouhey’s master class in escaping from the full mount, the hand in collar, the back etc..
- Every white belt has to spend time learning how to survive and escape on the mats before they can learn offense.
- Now with Joel’s help, you can fly through that annoying beginners phase as fast as possible with the right knowledge and techniques on how to stay safe and get out reliably.