One of the worst things you could let someone do to you in BJJ is to let them get an underhook… Especially a deep underhook – if that happens, you’re going to be in trouble most of the times.
Because, if you don’t deal with it, they’ll almost certainly get to your back.
However, there are things you can do to counter this.
If you get an under hook from bottom half guard, it can easily lead to the demise of the top player. The under hook can be one of the most powerful and game changing aspects of the half guard. Both from bottom and top, in half guard, we are almost always fighting for the under hook.
Here’s how to deal with this issue. Magid Hage demonstrates:
Learn how to defeat the Coyote Half Guard from its creator, Lucas Leite!
- Lucas understands the ins-and-outs of Half Guard like few others in Jiu-Jitsu, he even has multiple instructionals dedicated to this CLASSIC position.
- Use intricate tactics like “The Chiropractor” that will dismantle even the BEST half guard.
- Stuck in Half Guard? Turn the tables with underhooks that leave your opponent helpless and easy to pass.
- Lucas even has a section dedicated to UNLOCKING the dreaded LOCKDOWN position!
- Don’t just pass the half guard, learn how to punish your opponent hard to stop submissions.