If you want to have more females training in your academy, then you have to create a welcoming atmosphere to encourage them. When it comes to rolling, do you roll with a female teammate the same way that you roll with males?
That is a complex question that this BJJ girl answered. In her 6 years of training BJJ, she has had her fare share of injuries as a result of guys going too hard on her. She doesn’t guys to take it easy on her but she wants them to basically follow some guidelines.
For her, male teammates should follow these 3 important rules:
1. Do not use all your weight if there is a big weight difference between you and the female.
2. Do not be a spazz!
3. Do not give any gifts, or pity taps during the roll.
How To Survive The Rough & Tumble World Of BJJ – As A White Belt From Someone Who Has Been There – Elite Black Belt Joel Bouhey.
- Learn the RIGHT way to escape one of the worst positions in the world with black belt Joel Bouhey’s master class in escaping from the full mount, the hand in collar, the back etc..
- Every white belt has to spend time learning how to survive and escape on the mats before they can learn offense.
- Now with Joel’s help, you can fly through that annoying beginners phase as fast as possible with the right knowledge and techniques on how to stay safe and get out reliably.