After his Metamoris III draw with Royler Gracie, Eddie Bravo was backstage throwing up and was approached by Royce Gracie. In an article with mmamania.com Bravo talked about what was said and how he thought that it was hilarious that Royce Gracie challenged him to a fight when he doesn’t even do MMA.
Here are a few Eddie Bravo quotes from the article:
- “He wants to do an MMA match with me, he doesn’t want to do jiu-jitsu, he only wants to do MMA. I’m like, ‘I don’t even do MMA! What are you talking about?’ Either way, it’s hilarious that Royce f*cking Gracie wants to beat me up.”
Royce Gracie recently said said as transcribed by Guilherme Cruz for MMAFighting that his real reason for his getting in Eddie’s face was the fact that Bravo promoted the use of Marijuana. He also discussed how he would like to face Bravo in an MMA fight:
- “I haven’t got any offers, but I don’t compete in grappling rules,” said . “I’m a MMA fighter, man. I’m a MMA fighter, all the way.”
- “I’m pretty much done fighting. With Eddie Bravo, it’s personal. … (Does Metamoris) allow punches to the face? Do this rubber guard stuff and I’ll punch you in the nose.”
- “You’re gonna send your kids to learn from a guy that tells everybody that it’s okay to do drugs? It’s ok to drink alcohol? Sorry, man. If you wanna do it in private, do it in private. I have no problem with that. But I can never send my kid to someone that praises alcohol and drugs. Is that what you want your kids to learn? It’s okay to smoke pot? ‘Oh, pot is not a drug.’ So walk into a police station with a pound of pot and tell the cops it’s not a drug. Come on.”
- “People that don’t know and hear about it, they start to think that all the people that do jiu-jitsu smokes pot, is a drug addict. Here I am fighting for something good, and the guy is fighting for something bad, in my point of view. I can’t agree with that, what he represents. Nothing to do with his jiu-jitsu, his school. If you want to do something like that, do it in private. Keep it to yourself.”
Learn the never before seen submission system that shocked the world at The ADCC 2019.
ADCC Absolute Medalist Lachlan Giles teaches the full leg lock system behind one of grappling’s most legendary performances. GET 10% OFF WITH PROMO CODE “BJJEE”.