Finger pain is one of the realities Jiu Jitsu and most grappling practitioners face sooner or later, especially the ones that involve a kimono and thus the gripping aspect. It is that gripping that causes most of the damage.
If you decide to play Spider Guard / Lasso Guard or any other guard that is grip intensive, your fingers will pay the price sooner or later. Having thick fingers will delay the damage but you will still suffer finger pain, especially if you keep up with these guards. Paulo Miyao and Keenan Cornelius are only two of the elite competitors who acknowledged the pain they have in their fingers from the huge amount of grips.
A solution to this is either to tape your fingers but everyone who does knows how long it takes and also it ends up being quite costly.
A new company is looking at putting an end to athletic tape: Grappz are designed by Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt and collegiate wrestler, Jonathan Kowalsky. Training over the years in a variety of sports, inevitably led to numerous injuries of his hands. He realized he wasn’t alone…
From professional athletes to the average person, people commonly injure their weakest but most utilized extremities, THE FINGERS.
You have two options after sustaining these aggravating injuries: tape them up or sit out. For Jonathan, sitting out wasn’t an option but taping was time consuming, inefficient and annoying. The tape almost always slipped off, left a sticky residue and compromised his mobility. So he came up with a better solution.
His goal was to protect all fingers before or after sustaining an injury without inhibiting performance or slipping off.
With the help from several elite athletes in different sports, Jonathan was able to perfect the design and found Grappz also helped improve strength.
Olympic gold medalist, Kurt Angle loved Grappz so much so he joined our team to help protect and strengthen hands all over the world.
WHY IS GRAPPZ THE BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO ATHLETIC TAPE?
- Helps increase strength due to the synergistic force of two fingers working together.
- Can be used in any sport or activity to help as a preventative measure against injury.
- Helps support joints after sustaining an injury.
- Dual compression fabric throughout the fingers and wrists for maximum support and full mobility.
- Hyper-compression technology offers targeted support, helping to reduce muscle vibration during high-intensity training.
- Exerts a gentle compression both on the joints and soft tissue, which can help counteract pain, swelling and arthritis.
- The compression causes tension in the soft tissue to diminish, adding circulation and mobility throughout the hands.
- Promotes micro-circulation within the small vessels increasing metabolic activity in the warmer areas, supporting the healing process.
- Open palm for ventilation and grip.
- Silicone grip printed for added traction.
- Machine-wash safe.