Why should a grappler incorporate Yoga into his or her training regiment and which are the greatest benefits ?
These are Yoga for BJJ’s Sebastian Brosche’s top 9 benefits for grapplers:
- Lesser injuries.
- Better breathing [huge!]
- Better use of energy, so you can spar more.
- Moving smoother and quicker.
- Increased flexibility, of course.
- More powerful submissions and being able to hold them much longer.
- Improved balance,base and control from top.
- Your core will get much stronger, and this will help all aspects of your game.
- The number one thing for me is the mental calmness (Keeping Cool) you get from yoga, which is paramount and crucial in a big tournament.
“The more i practice Yoga and BJJ, the more similar they become. The underlying principles for improving in both genres are the exact same, so they improve and boost each other. If you are into BJJ for the long run, then Yoga is your greatest tool to stay healthy and nimble, no matter how old you get.
Here is a basic class to give the viewer a taste of what the videos look like on our website.
EVERYONE is encouraged to give it a try and experience what their body feels like after just 20 minutes.
The best time to start prolonging and bettering your BJJ experience is TODAY. ”