Saturday May 5, 2012 in Budapest, Hungary.
Registrations and all information will be up soon.
You can check out for updated information http://graciebarra.hu/ the Facebook event: Facebook event and BJJ Eastern Europe’s competition calendar
ADCC Rules & Regulations
ADCC Championship Rules & Regulations
The Championship is tournament style i.e; only winner goes through to the next round.
Gee, Kimono & Wrestling Shoes are optional.
The mat area is 9 x 9 meters, no cage or fence.
If the fighters go out of this area the refree will restart the fight in the center of the mat, in the same position they were when they left the mat. If the fighters were standing , they will start again facing each other.
1) Legal Techniques :
* Any kind of choke (except for using the hand to close the wind pipe).
* No use of T-Shirt and no holding the shorts allowed
* Any armbar, shoulder lock, or wrist lock
* Any Leg Lock or Ankle Lock
2) Illegal Techniques :
* “Full Nelson” and “Crucifix”
* No striking of any kind
* No eye gouging or fish hooking
* No grabbing the ears
* No hair pulling
* No finger or toe holds
* No thumbing
* No scratching and pinching
* No kicking
* No biting
* No touching groin area
* No hands, knees or elbows on face
* No slippery substances allowed on body or clothing
3) Securing Points :
Mount position = 2 points
Back mount with hooks = 3 points
Passing the guard = 3 points
Knee on stomach = 2 points
Clean Sweep = 4 points
Sweep = 2 Points
Clean Take down (Ends passed the guard)= 4 points
Take down (Ends Guard or Half Guard)= 2 points
* Each position must be established for 3 seconds or more in orderfor points to be awarded.
* When changing multiple positions points will be awarded only for the position that has been established for 3 seconds or more.
* Reversals are considered Sweeps as well.
* When a fighter voluntarily jumps in the guard or goes from standing position to a non-standing position by any means and remains down for 3 seconds or more, he will be punished by a minus point.
* When a fighter disengages from contact and starts backing up and avoids to engage again he will be punished by minus point.
* A passive fighter will be warned twice and then will be punished by minus point. The refree will warn the passive player by the wards “WARNING PASSIVITY”
How you can win
The winner will be decided according to :-
* If one competitor gives up or submits by tapping the leg, arm or verbally
* If Referee feels one competitor is unable to defend himself or feels his life is in danger, the Referee will declare the winner
* If a fighter breaks the rules twice he will be disqualified by the Referee
* Referee Decision
* 65 Kg and Under
* 66 Kg to 76 Kg
* 77 Kg to 87 Kg
* 88 Kg to 98 Kg
* 99 Kg and over
* Absolute Class
Learn From FABIO GURGEL, The Winningest Jiu-Jitsu Coach In The History Of The Sport: OLD SCHOOL EVOLUTION.
- Stop wondering what to do when you get to side control.
- STAPLE your opponents in SIDE CONTROL and SUBMIT them with these OLD SCHOOL attacks.