A lot of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners think that the Lockdown is just about, well, locking your opponent’s leg – but it’s not that simple. Coach Magnus Hansson, from 10th Planet Stockholm, points out that the Lockdown has got a lot more to it than just a leg connection, and that it actually contains four different elements to its successful application:
1) Yes, of course – the leg connection has to be established. But…
2) … upper body control has to be there as well, and is even more important.
3) Your underhook game when you have your Lockdown secured will reap numerous benefits, and so will…
4) … your overhook game.
Those are four very important elements of the Lockdown, and there’s much more to them than you might think there is.
BJJ black belt Brian Peterson reviewed the ‘Lotus Lockdown‘ of Magnus Hansson and gave his honest opinion:
Even I understand a lot about the lockdown, I learned a few new tricks and I know it can help many people out there get better. Check out the details and you are sure to find something useful! Enjoy!
Magnus Hansson, 3rd-degree blackbelt under Duda Suares (Gi) and Eddie Bravo’s 1st European blackbelt shows everything there is to know about the Lockdown in a Gi with new revolutionary details. Modified from its original, the Lotus Lockdown will change the way you approach this powerful half-guard. Let the Lotus Lockdown be your solution!
Learn Marcelo Garcia’s Complete Butterfly Guard – You’ll Have An Unfair Advantage As You Successfully Attack Any Opponent (Large Or Small) -As He Has Proven Time After Time
- Get a total masterclass in the most successful butterfly guard of all time, as Marcelo Garcia teaches how to attack and defend from his favorite guard position.
- The 4-time ADCC Champion and 5-time IBJJF World Champion is one of the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitors ever, and he was known for using his incredible technique to beat world champions way bigger than him, sometimes as much as twice his size.