Rorion found that Gracie Jiu-jitsu is more than just a sport, it’s a lifestyle. A lifestyle based on keeping the body healthy.
The “Gracie Diet” is a method of eating developed during 65 years of research and first-hand use by Grand Master Carlos Gracie. Based on common sense and the proper combining of foods, it’s the secret of success for the largest family of athletes in the world.
The basic principle of the Gracie Diet is to keep blood pH level neutral by consuming only compatible nutrients at each meal. Gracie Diet is flexible but it definitely prohibits consumption of pork and its derivatives and adopts abstinence from alcohol and tobacco.
The major focus of the diet primarily about specific food pairings and foods not to eat: like dried fruits and pork.
- Raw or cooked egg yolk, coconut water, brewer’s yeast, coffee, and several kinds of tea are neutral. They’re compatible with any food.
- Bread should be made from whole flour and should not be consumed within 24 hours of being baked. Then, prior to being eaten, it should be toasted or oven-warmed.
- Avoid sweets, canned foods in syrup, and spices including: pepper, clove, cinnamon, mustard, pickles, and vinegar.
- Don’t eat pork in any form.
- Space meals at least 41⁄2 hours apart to ensure complete digestion before you eat again. It’s OK to wait longer. Young children may eat every 4 hours. If you feel hungry before it’s time to eat, drink a glass of water. Never snack.
So what does a nutritionist say about the Gracie diet? Does it work?
If you’re ready to trade in your “Dad Bod” or you’ve always wondered if there was an easy-to-follow nutritional and exercise plan that will get you in the best shape in your life, without endless hours in the gym or trying to survive on lettuce and water, then look no more. BJJ Fanatics has brought one of the most respected BJJ martial artists, teachers and school owners, Tom DeBlass in to share the simple to follow secrets that have him in the best shape of his life at age 35! Check out “Ripped in 12 Weeks” available here where Tom will share all of his nutritional and fitness secrets in an easy to follow format, complete with guidebooks and recipes.