Back control in Jiu Jitsu is a very powerful position. If you have been training for a while, you have probably heard about the straightjacket back attack system made famous by the infamous Danaher Death Squad. It’s more of a No Gi system attackck system, so how do we adapt it for the Gi?
When you train in the Gi, you can use your opponent’s Gi as well as your won as a weapon. It has various ways to attack submissions so let’s check out the straight jacket system when using the Gi.
Who better to show us than the lapel master himself, Keenan Cornelius:
The RNC is a choke you don’t see too often in the gi. That’s because most people try to just slap it on. That may work in no-gi, but the more intellectually stimulating yes-gi requires a little more 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮.
Check out the full details to the step by step process of setting up the RNC choke in gi without ever giving your opponent a chance to fight back.
*Swipe right for part 2:
View this post on Instagram
The RNC is a choke you don’t see too often in the gi. That’s because most people try to just slap it on. That may work in no-gi, but the more intellectually stimulating yes-gi requires a little more 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮. . Check out the full details to the step by step process of setting up the RNC choke in gi without ever giving your opponent a chance to fight back on Keenan Online. . . . #bjj #jiujitsu #americanjiujitsu #keenanonline #keenancornelius #wrestling #grappling #judo #mma #fighting #ufc #bellator #ibjjf
This is an extremely powerful position with an array of attacks. Hopefully this sheds some light on the straight jacket position from back control in the Gi, good luck working the position! Any tips or comments? Let us know!
Learn the secrets to be able to take the back, keep the back, and finish from the back at the highest levels with Gabriel Arges who has already won the Black Belt World Championships, twice. BACKTAKES FOR EVERYONE. GET 10% OFF WITH PROMO CODE ‘BJJEE’.
- Gabriel trains under multiple time Black Belt World Champion, Romulo Barral.
- Transform your Jiu Jitsu game and finish any opponent from their back.
How To Survive The Rough & Tumble World Of BJJ – As A White Belt From Someone Who Has Been There – Elite Black Belt Joel Bouhey.
- Learn the RIGHT way to escape one of the worst positions in the world with black belt Joel Bouhey’s master class in escaping from the full mount, the hand in collar, the back etc..
- Every white belt has to spend time learning how to survive and escape on the mats before they can learn offense.
- Now with Joel’s help, you can fly through that annoying beginners phase as fast as possible with the right knowledge and techniques on how to stay safe and get out reliably.