Many BJJ practitioners have made a career from forcing an under hook half guard and sweeping or taking the back. This is a common method of playing guard used by a lot of elite level grapplers such Lucas Leite, Bernardo Faria, Tom DeBlass and others…
If you get an under hook from bottom half guard, it can easily lead to the demise of the top player. The under hook can be one of the most powerful and game changing aspects of the half guard. Both from bottom and top, in half guard, we are almost always fighting for the under hook.
Passing Half Guard can be tricky business… But it could become quite easy for you, if you learn the following approach from Bruno Bastos!
Bastos is one of the best Half Guard players in the world. Learn from him on the video below:
Learn how to defeat the Coyote Half Guard from its creator, Lucas Leite!
- Lucas understands the ins-and-outs of Half Guard like few others in Jiu-Jitsu, he even has multiple instructionals dedicated to this CLASSIC position.
- Use intricate tactics like “The Chiropractor” that will dismantle even the BEST half guard.
- Stuck in Half Guard? Turn the tables with underhooks that leave your opponent helpless and easy to pass.
- Lucas even has a section dedicated to UNLOCKING the dreaded LOCKDOWN position!
- Don’t just pass the half guard, learn how to punish your opponent hard to stop submissions.