The 12 Commandments of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
-By Grandmaster Carlos Gracie Sr.
- To be so secure that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To speak to all of happiness, health and prosperity.
- To let your friends know that you value them.
- To look at the bright side and turn your optimism into your reality.
- To think only the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best.
- To be as fair and as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are of your own.
- To forget about past mistakes, and focus your energy on the achievements of the future.
- To always make those around you happy, and smile when someone is talking to you.
- To spend most of your time on self-improvement, and no time criticizing others.
- To be too complete to feel anxious, too noble to be angry, too happy to feel frustrated, and too strong to be fearful.
- To have a good opinion of yourself, and proclaim it to the world. Not with loud words, but with good works.
- To strongly believe that the world is on your side, as long as you stay loyal to your best self.