Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has long demonstrated it’s effectiveness when it comes to law enforcement officers and preventing escalation of incidents.
View this post on Instagram
Judô e Jiu-jitsu 😎👊 Deveria ser obrigatório para nossas forças de segurança ?? Deixem sua opinião? Marquem sua galera 😱! #bjj #jiujitsuviciado #jiujitsuviciados @fairfightbjj – Só o jiu-jitsu salva. 😂 • • • #fairfightbjj #fairfight #selfdefense @jiujitsu_videos @jiujitsu_brasil @jiujitsuviciado
Gracie Breakdown practically has an identity built on it.
Now Cop journal policeone.com lists bjj as one of the go to skills for every rookie cop.
There is a growing movement in the law enforcement community to incorporate Gracie or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in defensive tactics programs. The reasons for this are simple. Jiu Jitsu is a highly effective means of controlling or disengaging from a bigger and stronger attacker while at the same time inflicting a minimal amount of damage. The implications of this for law enforcement are tremendous.
As a bonus, physical fitness and healthy eating, as well as on the ability to be confident in stressful situations and find efficiency in all situations, are key components of Jiu Jitsu. The bottom line is the modern law enforcement officer can benefit greatly from Jiu Jitsu.
As a law enforcement officer, trainer and supervisor, studying and understanding ways for officers to be safer and more effective is one of my most important duties. While firearms and defensive tactics are part of the equation, there is more to officer safety than those two elements. By training and improving in some of the areas mentioned in this article, officers can approach safety in a more holistic, productive and layered way. Train hard and be safe.
The other 7 are:
- LEARN PRE-ATTACK INDICATORS
- CONDUCT MENTAL REHEARSALS
- GET TRAINING REPETITIONS THROUGH EQUIPMENT CHECKS
- CONSISTENTLY POLISH COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- TRAIN IN DEFENSIVE DRIVING AND ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS
- MAKE PHYSICAL FITNESS AND HEALTHY EATING A PRIORITY
- INVEST IN YOUR MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING
John Danaher’s Simple Principles Make The Most Complicated Position In Jiu-Jitsu, The Open Guard, Devastating For Your Opponents
- Master the Open Guard with perhaps the best coach in all of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the legendary John Danaher.
- Professor Danaher expertly shows the single biggest determinant of success, the gripping secrets to maximum leverage, and then explores the fundamentals of kuzushi and how this ancient concept is his focus in all attacks.