BJJ Black Belt Timur Ouzlaner of Timura BJJ’s 2 cents for the BJJ community in this forced abstinence from BJJ:
There is A LOT of information out there, regarding BJJ solo drills. All of the BJJ community is trying to contribute with free DVD’s like John Danaher’s, great videos like “54 solo BJJ drills in 12 minutes” by Jason Scully and many more.
Sometimes, this flood of information can be hard to deal with, especially for a beginner.
“how do I begin?” What drills should I pick? What is the correct order? how many repetitions?”
It’s very easy to find excuses not do something. “I don’t have mats, I don’t have equipment, I don’t have enough room, I am not flexible enough”.
I came up with a routine for my students that will help them train at home while they can’t train.
No mats, no equipment, only basic drills (almost, some of the push up drills may be hard for total beginners, you can always convert them to regular push ups). No Excuses.
The routine consists of 3 parts: warm up, “strength/endurance” and cool down. The “strength/endurance” section has a few difficulty levels. I did the medium difficulty level. In a reletavly slow pace it took me 17 minutes.
Give it a try and tell me what you think. I’ve put a lot of thought into this. No fancy editing, only me at home. I have mats at home, but I did it on the floor to show that it can be done without them.
No mats needed. No equipment needed. No large space needed. No flexibility needed. NO EXCUSES.
BJJ Solo drills routine:
1. Sitting Back Circles X 10
2. S-Turns X 10
3. Shin Rock Ups X 10
4. Seated Knee To Floor X 10
5. Back Twists 10 sec X 2
6. Butterfly Stretch 15 sec
7. Hamstring Stretch 10 sec X 2
8. Wide Sit Outs X 10
9. Armbar Spins X 10
10. Side To Side Bridges X 10
11. Shrimp + Reverse Shrimp X 10
12. Back Roll – Compass – Forward Roll X 10
13. Seated Leg Circles X 10 Each Direction
14 .Circular Hip Openers X 10
15. Kimura Sit ups (Easy X 10, Medium X 20, Hard X 40)
16. Triangle Hip Ups To Squat (Easy X 5, Medium X 10, Hard X 20)
17. Aligator Push Ups (Easy X 5, Medium X 10, Hard X 20)
18. X-Choke Sit Ups (Easy X 10, Medium X 20, Hard X 40)
19. Up Downs (Easy X 5, Medium X 10, Hard X 20)
20. Knee To Far Elbow Push Ups (Easy X 5, Medium X 10, Hard X 20)
21. Crucifix Roll (Easy X 10, Medium X 20, Hard X 40)
22. Guard Stand Squat (Easy X 5, Medium X 10, Hard X 20)
23. Cobra Push Ups (Easy X 5, Medium X 10, Hard X 20)
24. Foot To Chest Stretch 15 sec X 2
25. Back Twist 15 sec X 2
26. Sprawl + Hip Switch X 10
27. Lizard Hip Stretch 15 sec X 2
28. Back Step 10
29. Scorpion Back Twist 15 sec X 2