Judo is fairly fierce. Most judoka who opt to switch to bjj excel their transition through the belt ranking – Travis Stevens notably accomplished rank of bjj black belt in as long as 18 months under Renzo Gracie Academy.
Judo Instructor Idean “Dean” Salehyan recently gave some good tips for judo black belts looking to transition to bjj
* You think you know it all because you’ve achieved a black belt but a black though it’s just really the start of a journey. You kind of have to swallow that pride a little bit recognize the areas where you don’t know anything.
* Come into it with fresh eyes
* If you want to get better at judo newaza – you’re better off doing judo newaza. Do it because you genuinely want to learn this new thing
* Don’t rely so much on your takedowns in if you’re in a school that that starts standing – you can sort of end up starting from the dominant position in every roll
* Get comfortable on your back
Learn How To Turn Any Position Into A Road-Map To The Back, The Most Dominant Position In Jiu-Jitsu. 18 Year Old Roberto Jimenez Had 10 Matches At The 2018 World Championships & He Tapped Out All 10 Opponents To Win Double Gold At Purple Belt – Most Of Them From The Back. The Wonder-kid Has Revealed His Complete Formula In This 4 Volume Instructional.
Learn Marcelo Garcia’s Complete Butterfly Guard – You’ll Have An Unfair Advantage As You Successfully Attack Any Opponent (Large Or Small) -As He Has Proven Time After Time
- Get a total masterclass in the most successful butterfly guard of all time, as Marcelo Garcia teaches how to attack and defend from his favorite guard position.
- The 4-time ADCC Champion and 5-time IBJJF World Champion is one of the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitors ever, and he was known for using his incredible technique to beat world champions way bigger than him, sometimes as much as twice his size.