Photo: William Burkhardt of BJJPIX
Wrestling, BJJ and MMA are combat sports that were developed by men and initially for men to prepare for battle or in a sports setting, for competition.
If you look at the Gracie family in Brazil, most of the women in their family had very little grappling training and were even not encouraged to train by the men in the family. Kyra Gracie was the only female member of the Gracie family to reach the rank of black belt and she eventually became a respected world champion.
Of course, these sports have evolved and nowadays men and women train together and in harmony, usually. There are also some problems when men and women train in such close quarters like grappling sports…
This BJJ girl from Australia decided to make a video explaining what exactly should women be aware of and avoid doing when training in BJJ, wrestling and MMA…
1. Revealing low cut shirts under the Gi and when doing No Gi.
2. Wearing make up on the mat.
3. Wearing perfume.
4. Piercings (Ouch!)
How To Survive The Rough & Tumble World Of BJJ – As A White Belt From Someone Who Has Been There – Elite Black Belt Joel Bouhey.
- Learn the RIGHT way to escape one of the worst positions in the world with black belt Joel Bouhey’s master class in escaping from the full mount, the hand in collar, the back etc..
- Every white belt has to spend time learning how to survive and escape on the mats before they can learn offense.
- Now with Joel’s help, you can fly through that annoying beginners phase as fast as possible with the right knowledge and techniques on how to stay safe and get out reliably.